6 Reasons To Use Raw Honey in Your Paleo Skincare Routine
Profile: Raw and Unfiltered, Certified Organic when available.
Origin: We buy raw honey from several suppliers in Alberta and Saskatchewan. While we prefer to buy Certified Organic raw honey, often this is not possible as it becomes more and more difficult and costly for local beekeepers to obtain this certification. Rather than import honey based solely on its organic merit, we choose to support local businesses using sustainable practices. For that reason, the raw honey in our products may not always be Certified Organic but it will always be of excellent quality and locally produced.
Find it: Green Tea & Grape Seed Honey Scrub
1. Raw honey is the most potent sweet liquid that honeybees produce from the concentrated nectar of flowers. Collected straight from the extractor, it is totally unheated, unpasteurized and unprocessed. This preserves the beneficial enzymes and nutrients of the honey.
2. The medicinal and cosmetic use of honeybee products has been practiced since ancient times. The Legendary Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt, was known for her exquisite complexion. One of her secrets was adding raw honey to her milk baths, and directly to her skin as a cleanser and moisturizer.
3. Raw honey has an abundance of health properties. It is composed of natural Alpha-hydroxy Acids, such as Gluconic acid, that gently exfoliate dead cells. These acids also increase elasticity, balance out oily skin, stimulate collagen production, and minimize fine lines and wrinkles. Raw honey is made up of both anti-aging vitamins and minerals that help nourish and heal the skin, brighten the complexion, even out skin tone, and lighten scars and age spots.
4. Since raw honey also contains phytochemicals that kill viruses, bacteria, and fungus, it has natural anti-inflammatory properties. It does wonders for a wide variety of skin ailments, including Acne and enlarged pores, Rosacea, Eczema and Hyper-pigmentation.
5. Perhaps most impressive of all, raw honey promotes the growth of healthy, new tissue. Before pasteurization, raw honey contains bee pollen (propolis) and other components that stimulate the growth of cells.
6. Depending on where the raw honey is collected from, it will contain many nutrients and minerals excellent for skin health such as Vitamin B, Iron, Manganese, Copper, Potassium and Calcium. It also acts as a humectant, drawing moisture to the skin, and is perfect as a gentle cleanser for even very sensitive skin. When raw honey is mixed with water, it produces hydrogen peroxide. This is due to one of the natural enzymes it contains. Hydrogen peroxide is a mild antiseptic that can be used to help Acne and impede bacterial growth. Honey is excellent for use in an anti-aging acne skincare routine.
Raw honey is the perfect alternative to harsh chemicals, this all-natural organic remedy dramatically improves the complexion and provides many benefits for smooth, glowing, healthy skin. Paleo Beauty at it’s finest!